i.mx8 evk hdmi 1280x800 display not working. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx8 evk hdmi 1280x800 display not working. 

samet_kocatepe
Contributor I

Hi all, 

Happy new year. 

We have i.mx8 evk (MCIMX8M-EVK). Board drives hdmi Fullhd displays  (1920x1080) without any problem (using default u boot paramters), but we switch to 1280x800 diplay over HDMI, it does not work properly. 

when powers up the board, NXP splash screen has shown and then display becomes blue, red, green rapidly, finally it becomes dark. I have made some changes according to Monitor not working for MCIMX8M-EVK   for 1280x800 pixel on u-boot but no success. 

please advice me, which changes i should do. 

this is display we used. 

Best regards.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

samet_kocatepe
Contributor I

Is there any progress or answer for this issue.?

best regards.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, that screen resolution is not supported by our DCSS driver, the nearest one is 1280x720. I apologize for the inconvenience this may give you. If you are willing to add the support of your screen in our driver. I suggest you go with professional service support.

Best regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

samet_kocatepe
Contributor I

Hi Diego, thank you for response. I think no need professional service support for now. Is it possible to use this display with 1280x720p resolution ?. 

I found out an expresion on "IMX8MQUADEVKBQSG" in this link as  "During the boot process, the Android logo will appear on the HDMI display. Note that the HDMI output resolution is 1080P fixed—to change it, check the documentation in the EVKB website."  After looking the documents, i could not the solution for that. 

It will be really appreciated if you point me that how i can configure for different resolutions. 

Best Regards. 

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

That depends on your display. If the resolution of the display can be changed, I do not see why it can work.

To change the resolution, you can make it through u-boot whit the androidboot.gui_resolution bootarg. You can use as an example the following command:

U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 earlycon=imxuart,0x30860000,115200 init=/
init androidboot.gui_resolution=720p androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consoleblank=0
androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=1280M androidboot.primary_display=imx-drm
firmware_class.path=/vendor/firmware transparent_hugepage=never
androidboot.fbTileSupport=enable
U-Boot > saveenv

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

samet_kocatepe
Contributor I

Hi Diego, I have already used exactly same commands before but no success.

Anyway, i will look for another dislplay, 

thanks

0 Kudos