i.mx6ul how to boot to initrd?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6ul how to boot to initrd?

dluberger
Contributor V

I'm having trouble booting past the kernel; it's getting hung at the point of "Key type dns_resolver registered" and goes no further. I've asked about this in other threads but no help yet. On reddit, someone recommended I "boot into initrd" as a way of bringing up a shell without loading the rootfs on the sd card, to eliminate the sd card and ram as the problem. i don't see how it can be either of those causing the kernel to hang since u-boot and the kernel load and i ran the ddr stress test and updated u-boot with the cal settings.

what can i do to troubleshoot the kernel? is there additional output that can be displayed during kernel/OS bring-up that will give me more info about what's going on?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

for initrd usage may be useful to check tutorials

How to boot imx using ramdisk - i.MXDev Blog 

Initramfs and tmpfs 

For troubleshoot the kernel one can try with

AN4553 Using Open Source Debugging Tools for Linux on i.MX Processors
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4553.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos