cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6q sabresd Gigabit FEC problem

vincentchou
Contributor IV

Hi! Support,

We have a custom designed board based on i.mx6q sabresd board.  The Ethernet PHY is changed from AR8031 to AR8035.  When we start to bring up the board based on Linux 3.0.35 and 3.0.101, the ethernet could run at 1Gb/Full and get dynamic IP instantly from our Wifi AP.  However, when we migrate to 3.14.28, we discovered the Gigbabit could not work anymore.  Unless we switch it back to 100M/Full using ethtool, it does not get any dynamic from the dhcp host.  In addition, we notices that the Orange light on the does not flash at all.  We also migrate the board to 4.1.15 but the same outcome occurrs.  On the other hand, the same kernel could run on the Sabresd EVB without this problem.  Could you give me some idea why this happens?

Vincent

0 Kudos
4 Replies

vincentchou
Contributor IV

Additional information: the console output is as following

============

Configuring network interfaces... fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Atheros 8035 ethernet] (mii_bus:phy_addr=2188000.ethernet:00, irq=-1)

udhcpc (v1.23.2) started

Sending discover...

Sending discover...

fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx

Sending discover...

No lease, forking to background

done.

Starting syslogd/klogd: done

============

I appreciate your help!

VIncent

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

seems this chip is used on solidrun microsom: imx6qdl-microsom-ar8035.dtsi

and one can try its configuration

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-microsom-...

also may be recommended to post on meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so more people

could try to assist you : https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vincentchou
Contributor IV

Hi! Igor,

After I modified our DTS and circuitry based on microsom dts file, I found the Gigabit ethernet could be functional now.  Thanks a lot for your help!

Vincent

0 Kudos

vincentchou
Contributor IV

Hi!  Igor,

As far as you know, does the Microsom use the same freescale FEC driver?

Vincent

0 Kudos