cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6d pop dcd generation

Jump to solution
dennis3
Contributor V

Hello, looking for the correct dcd info for i.mx6d pop package w/ lpddr2.

mx6: MCIMX6D5EZK08AE

Memory: EDB8164B4PT-1DAT-F-D

I found the dcd generation script for what I think is correct here:

i.Mx6DQSDL LPDDR2 Script Aid 

We're not getting U-boot to proceed past memory initialization though.  I suspect there are settings that aren't correct.

Here is what I input into the script:

Manufacturer:Micron
Memory part number:EDB8164B4PT-1DAT-F-D
Memory type:LPDDR2-1066
DRAM single die density (Gb)4
DRAM density per Channel (Gb)2
DRAM Bus Width2x32
Number of Chip Selects used per Channel2
DRAM density per CS (Gb)1
DRAM Bus Width Per Channel32
Number of Banks8
Number of ROW Addresses14
Number of COLUMN Addresses10
System Information
i.Mx Parti.Mx6D
MMDC channels: MMDC0 & MMDC1
Bus Width64
DRAM Clock Freq (MHz)400
DRAM Clock Cycle Time (ns)2.5
4KB Interleaving ModeInterleave
SI Configuration
DRAM DSE Setting - DQ/DQM (ohm)240
DRAM DSE Setting - ADDR/CMD/CTL (ohm)240
DRAM DSE Setting - CK (ohm)240
DRAM DSE Setting - DQS (ohm)240

Our boot config via GPIO has modified:

boot_cfg3[2] = 1 (ARM 396 mhz) 

boot_cfg3[5:4] = 10 (4k interleaving enabled)

I've seen various hints of LPDDR2 memory on imx6 not working in some configurations but can't seem to find a source to figure out if any of those situations apply to our board and whether or not I need to change something.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dennis3
Contributor V

Thank you Igor,

Yes, we figured the part is compatible.  We were able to get the part to boot by changing the dcd parameters to be generated from an updated script aid:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105965 

I found version 1.3 after we had originally found version 0.6.  I'm looking for a source article that links to the latest script aid because when searching, for me, the page that linked to the 0.6 version came up as the authoritative version first.  After additional searching we found the newer version.  I didn't do a diff on the generated dcd information but we are happy that it worked to boot.

We still have an issue that the reported memory by U-boot and to Linux is only 512M even though this part should be reporting 1G of memory.  v1.3 page, there is a comment about having the CS0_END parameter calculated incorrectly but I didn't find an updated script.  Is 1.3 the latest?  If so, I'll dig more into the register itself and see if I can't input the correct value or update the spreadsheet to calculate it correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis

in general EDB8164B4PT should be supported by nxp scm uboot/linux releases

mx6dqscm\freescale\board - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

SCM with suffix "1G0AA" use EDB8164B4PT-1DAT-F-D: MSCMMX6QZDK08AB1G0AA

previous was "1G0A" with MT42L128M64D2LL-25
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/302/SCMIMX6DQCEC-1152074.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
dennis3
Contributor V

Thank you Igor,

Yes, we figured the part is compatible.  We were able to get the part to boot by changing the dcd parameters to be generated from an updated script aid:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105965 

I found version 1.3 after we had originally found version 0.6.  I'm looking for a source article that links to the latest script aid because when searching, for me, the page that linked to the 0.6 version came up as the authoritative version first.  After additional searching we found the newer version.  I didn't do a diff on the generated dcd information but we are happy that it worked to boot.

We still have an issue that the reported memory by U-boot and to Linux is only 512M even though this part should be reporting 1G of memory.  v1.3 page, there is a comment about having the CS0_END parameter calculated incorrectly but I didn't find an updated script.  Is 1.3 the latest?  If so, I'll dig more into the register itself and see if I can't input the correct value or update the spreadsheet to calculate it correctly.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dennis

yes this is latest version.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos