i.mx6DL display issue via TW8836

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6DL display issue via TW8836

hi_shawn
Contributor II

Navi screen capture-menu.jpgoriginal-greyscale.jpgNavi screen capture-greyscale.jpg

Hi guys,

I got a urgent issue that the navigation unit cannot show the expected performance. The LVDS doesn't connect to i.MX6 directly. The connection chain is i.MX6 <==>TW8838<==>DS90UB927<==>DS90UB928<==>LVDS screen. I corrected clock, bpp and checked LVDS differential voltage of i.mx. I got the display issue as the pictures i attached. Could you please tell me the other detailed possible check points? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiaoqianlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

By setting bpp=16, this issue can be solved.

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=16 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=10M fb0base=0x27b00000 vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 androidboot.hardware=freescale androidboot.selinux=disabled and androidboot.dm_verity=disabled

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Linda Lin
0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shawn

please check that expected lcd resolution is adjusted in dts file, look at examples on

https://community.freescale.com/thread/355690

also just for test one can connect lvds lcd directly to i.MX6, to check if signal was not

distorted by TW8838<==>DS90U.. devices.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kaifengye
Contributor I

我的屏是24bit模式

pastedImage_1.png

使用screencap -p fb.png截图是正常的

Test.png

但是实际显示效果和fb.png很大差异

IMG_4092.JPG

0 Kudos