i.mx6 solox for dummies

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 solox for dummies

peralesserrano
Contributor I

Hi i am noob,  and I want to start working with i.mx6sx.  but do not understand how to create a program and load it into linux to run from the cortex m4. exists a guide for dummies? hehe

My intention is to s programming and debug always from linux or from eclipse IDE as exposes in this document:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4553.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Application%20Notes&WT...

but I can not find a document same Solox

can you help

PD sorry for my bad English

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi perales

suggest to try attached examples and use link below

Integrating Processor Expert for i.MX and ARM GCC with Eclipse

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

raghavendraks
Contributor II

Hi,

Any UART example code (imx6sx) for ARM C compiler not for arm gcc compiler.

If anyone have, please update to me,

Regards,

Raghavendra

Email:raaguks@gmail.com

0 Kudos

asick
Contributor III

Hi raghavendra,

you find any UART code ?

0 Kudos

yashavanthkumar
Contributor II

Hi,

I have used A9_launch_m4 example and able to run the code if I flash this code to SD card on imx6 solox SABRE development board.

But when I tried to flash this code to QSPI NOR flash memory using manufacturing tool, I did not see any output on UART.

Please refer the attached files that I am using with manufacturing tool.

Can you please tell me if I need to change the sources(.c or .h files) or the manufacturing tool files (ini or ucl2 files) to make this example to work with QSPI memory?

0 Kudos

m4l490n
Contributor V

yashavanthkumarnaikvittal‌ have you solved this issue? Because I'm having a similar one. The difference is that I have an onboard eMMC but I haven't been able to make it work.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

peralesserrano
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov Thanks for reply

but this document explains how to program the A9 to bare metal, explains nothing M4 cortex.

I want to know how to make a program for M4 cortex and how to to load and run it from linux embedded.

you can create a .hex and run it from ssd?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MX6SX m4 hello world uart2 is example for M4 cortex.

0 Kudos

peralesserrano
Contributor I

Sorry igorpadykov

I'm sorry but I find that in Integrating Processor Expert for i.MX and ARM GCC with Eclipse

also:

i.mx6 soloX is unsupported :smileyconfused:, where is the hello world example in cortex m4, Thanks for helping me :smileyhappy:

soportados.png

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The recent release (1.0.1) of the Processor Expert does support i.MX6 SX.

Regards,

Yuri.

peralesserrano
Contributor I

It is good news,but still need to be sold MMPF0200F6 :smileywink:

0 Kudos