cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 rtc battery life and deepsleep mode

dickginther
Contributor III

Hi,

I am considering using the RTC in the i.mx6 but have concerns about the battery life.  It is my understanding that the lowest power consumption on the VDD_SNVS_IN is when the processor is in SLEEPDEEP mode (and then it is ~15uA).  I also understand that to get the i.mx6 into this mode a control register has to be written to enable it.   My concern is that if the power gets removed suddenly (AC power failure) that there will not be time to suddenly write this register and the i.mx6 will draw significantly larger currents from the battery and reduce the amount of time it can remain powered down before losing time.

I would like to know if anyone else has tried to use the internal RTC in a battery backed up configuration and how this worked.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Dick

Has your issue resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help please feel free

to contact Freescale.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos

Poussemousse
Contributor III

I have same kind of question :

What is the exact consumption of iMX6Solo in Deep Sleep Mode ?

Dick, please pay attention that 15uA current seems only be dedicated to the oscillator current.

Table 12 of AN4715 talks about a 275uA maximum but without detailed description.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Dick

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos