cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 and 2.5-3MSps ADC

alexeytsirlin
Contributor I

Hi,

I am looking for solution to hook 2.5-3MSps ADC (AD7276 for example) to the i.mx6 processor, the solution should maintain constant sample rate. My application is some kind of SDR (software defined radio). I have checked ESPI and ESAI interfaces and it seems to me that those interfaces are not fast enough to be used for such kind of connection.

Is there any other i.mx6 interface we can use? If I switch to parallel ADC, will it help me to hook it to the i.mx6?

Thanks,

Alexey.

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexey

i.MX6 eCSPI max. read frequency is 25MHz, write about 66MHz,

one can also consider EIM interface (typ.10-20MHz).

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

alexeytsirlin
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

So the eCSPI is out of question, as the minimal required clock will be 2.4M * 12 which is already above the 25MHz read limit. Regarding the EIM interface, if I switch to parallel ADC, how can I keep constant sample rate by connecting it to EIM? I am considering the IMX6DQ device where there is no continuous BCLK mode, but even if there was such mode (as in IMX6SDL) I cannot see how can I manage constant read operation from ADC. The EIM burst access is fully related to the AXI accesses to the EIM module (as I don't see any FIFO there) which is not very predictable for my opinion. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Alexey.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexey

you are right: it is not possible to

keep constant sample rate by connecting it to EIM.

Probably one can cosider ADC with FIFO or usage with fpga.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos