i.mx6 DL D3 in a car

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 DL D3 in a car

anon-2df1695c45
Contributor I

I have a car: Opel Insignia with a radio running on "i.MX 6 DL D3 Board, DTBID 30db, 896MB DRAM". Here is what's in the file (/ etc / issue):
"ADIT: inte-imx6_r3_e22-G3-MC0 mgc-imx6 Arm -
DISTRI: MGC_20140501 Spring-2014-05 -
Hotfix: 439
Architecture: mx6q - cortexa9-vfp-neon ".
Unfortunately, I'm not very good at Linux, but I hope you can help me. Is there a way through the USB drive to access the system to change files or add new ones?
Currently the system only allows USB with music content or videos.
I found information about "u-boot". Can that help me?
I have tried to connect a USB keyboard via the USB port, but unfortunately this is not recognized or approved.

If i can give you more informations or other discription so ask. 

I have the Software which is installed on the board, if it helps someone to find "a possibility".

thk 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Does the OS allow to run scripts from USB drive?
If yes you can pack the new files into archive and make a script that unpacks the files into their place.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anon-2df1695c45
Contributor I
I am not sure. It is possible to update via USB, or to update the navigation maps by updating, music and videos are also recognized. As I found out so far this happens over the "udev rules". if you could change the folder, it would certainly be possible to execute scripts.
0 Kudos