i.mx6 Android line-out audio max volume is very low and not really loud

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 Android line-out audio max volume is very low and not really loud

luarch
Contributor II

I have tested audio with various i.mx6 boards with Android: Wandboard Solo, Wandboard Quad, RIoTBoard and Sabre Lite

By all of them I enabled the line-out jacks and disabled all other sound devices in the Android kernel_imx.

In the Android settings I switch the volume to the very maximum. But on all boards the max sound is not really loud. Comparable to usual taking.

I expected a much higher volume since I was thinking that line out has always the same max signal level. If I try the same speakers with PC line-out it is much louder.

Is there any way to increase the max volume in Android for the sgtl5000 codec? As said I have access to the Android source so any possible patch would be appreciated,

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This is more a hardware limit than a software one,  which value of speaker you are connecting to the SGTL 5000, even do it is a line out you need to have an amplifier to get the gain bigger.  I am not expert in Android but in Linux you can do it with ALSA Mixer

With amixer, you can change volumes with the ``amixer set'' command. For example, to change the Master volume, you would issue a

amixer set Master 15 

Please note that the names of the elements can be different for different types of sound cards.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos