i.mx53 qsb android can, i2c, spi access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx53 qsb android can, i2c, spi access

RamonRivera
Contributor I

Is it possible to control the can, i2c, spi from an android application?  I've been able to use the debug serial port to send information with some success, but I cannot figure out of a way to do it via the can, i2c or spi.  Is this something that can only be done from a linux instead of android?  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

RamonRivera
Contributor I

Thanks Tom, I appreciate your input.

-Ramon

0 Kudos

TomMinnich_ng
Contributor I

Ramon:

I do not have what you are looking for ( i am really really new to Android), I hope someone in the community does.

Best Regards

Tom M.

0 Kudos

RamonRivera
Contributor I

I've seen that alternative.  Using the NDK to develop C++ libraries.  I do not have that much experience doing it that way but I'm hoping that I could get an api that would cut in developing time.  Do you have any example of an ndk jni library that uses i2c, spi, can?

Thanks

0 Kudos

TomMinnich_ng
Contributor I

Ramon:

I am very new to android development, so you may want to check my advice. The Native toolset creates applications written in C++ that are compiled and not Java applications. This opens many brute force possibilities.

If someone knows better ways, that keeps things in a Java programming environment I would certainly like to hear about them.

Best Regards

Tom M.

0 Kudos