cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx53 Linux BSP_ High CPU usage for the app with the read-only file system:

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hello Everyone,

I have come across this strange issue with the read-only ext2 file system on my i.MX53 board.

If I make the file system as read-only and run a Qt application from /etc/rc.d/init.d/app during the linux startup, the CPU usage of the application goes very high (reaches up to 100% and crashes the app).

However, if i run the app manually from the console, everything works perfectly (the CPU usage is 20 to 30%).

Also, if i make the file system read & write then application works properly in both the cases (running manually & starting with script from init.d with linux bootup).

I am not sure why this is happening. One thing which i have noticed is, the application debug prints are not shown on the console (mxctty) when the application is started in background from init.d (startup).

Has any one faced this issue with read-only file system? Or any ideas what must causing this behavior?

Regards,

Gopi

0 Kudos
3 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Gopi

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Gopi

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Gopi

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos