Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx Flexcan Mask Registers

Jump to solution
slay
Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I'm working with the i.mx28 EVK and try to add some id-filtering, using the message buffers in combination with the individual mask registers (bcc bit asserted). What I can not find, is how to set the filter for Extended or Standard frames. In the message buffer, the msb-bits of the 32-bit ID-register contain the PRIO bits. The IDE-bit is part of the 1st 32-bit register (bit 21). But how does this map to the Mask register? Do bits 31-29 have a function here?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Ruud

N.B. This question does not apply to the filter configuration for the Rx Fifo part. Here it is clear how to set the EXT-bit for the various formats in the ID table.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DongAisheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Below is some information from IC member for your reference:

I think in MB mode, the mask [28:0] corresponding to the [28:0] of the ID table $4, the [31:29] of mask is not used

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Ruud, please click Correct Answer/Helpful Answer if your question got replied.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
slay
Contributor III

Hi Yixing,

I did not receive an E-mail about this answer, so I noticed it quite late. And in the answer of Aisheng Dong, I can not open the attachment. It leads me to some Outlook Web App page, where I should sign in. Do you know how I should open this?

Ruud

0 Kudos
DongAisheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Below is some information from IC member for your reference:

I think in MB mode, the mask [28:0] corresponding to the [28:0] of the ID table $4, the [31:29] of mask is not used

0 Kudos
nextleveltechn
Contributor II

Hi Aisheng,

We're working with the i.MX and seem to be having some issues with getting the correct mask/filters setup for the FIFO RX in the FLEXCAN driver for i.MX28. Can you please re-post the previous answer/solution as the information for the correct answer seems to have a broken link now :/

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

0 Kudos