i.Mx8m plus do not start when power is attached

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.Mx8m plus do not start when power is attached

PeterBergin
Contributor III

We are currently doing a new hardware design with i.Mx8m plus processor. We plan to use PCA9450C PMIC as it is on the NXP EVK board. We have one problem with this setup that we would like to come around and it is when power is attached to the system the first time the PMIC controller in the SNVS block inside i.Mx8m plus will put PMIC_ON_REQ high directly when NVCC_SNVS_1P8 is powered. This happens directly in PMC9450C when it gets power.

Is there a way to design the hardware to come around this. What we want is that when device is powered by attaching power to the system i.Mx8m plus shall be powered off until power button is pressed for the first time. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The LDO1 in pca9450 is always on by default.You can't meet your requirement even the LDO1 EN register can be changed.

If you disable the LDO1, you can't trigger it ON by external button/signal.This register can be operated after pmic on.

PeterBergin
Contributor III
Can you advice us with an alternative PMIC or other solution with discrete components that can fulfill our requirements?
0 Kudos

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @PeterBergin 

We don't have such pmic can meet the requirement.

0 Kudos