cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT1170 Flexspi timings

acremonini
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm having some trouble in understanding Flexspi timings as they are reported in the datasheet of the i'mxRT1170 (IMXRT1170AEC).

Looking at the output waveforms and timings in chapter 4.5.2.2.1, it looks like after a falling edge data is held at least 1ns but next data is valid after a maximum time of 1ns... how is this possible? Shouldn't be Tdvo(max) greater than Tdho(min) if they have the meaning represented in the waveforms?

acremonini_1-1656572392981.png

acremonini_0-1656572191742.png

Moreover, if I look at actual waveforms data seems to go down almost simultaneously with the falling edge of the clock and the 1ns hold time is not true.

acremonini_2-1656573262643.png

Can anybody explain to me this behaviour?

Thanks,

Antonio

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Shouldn't be Tdvo(max) greater than Tdho(min) if they have the meaning represented in the waveforms?
-- Yes, your understanding is right, so I think the Tdvo (min) should be 1 ns, further it also should be less than the Tdho.
I'll contact the AE team to confirm soon and give feedback to you.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

acremonini
Contributor II

Hi,

do you have any news?

Thanks,

Antonio

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @acremonini ,
After confirming, the correct values are Tdvo(max) = 4ns and Tdho(min) = 2ns
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

acremonini
Contributor II

Thank you Jeremy,

but there's still something I can't figure out: in the waveform I posted it looks like data edges are simultaneous with clock falling edges, so the hold time of 2ns doesn't seem to be true.

Can you confirm this?

Antonio

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
In my opinon, though it's a bit confusing, however, I don't find something obvious wrong.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the reply late and I'll inform you ASAP if get any feedback.
And please find these files in the attachment.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos