cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX93 power consumption measurement

ArtKl
Contributor I

Hello,

Was reading AN13917 (i.MX 93 Power Consumption Measurement) section 5.10.3 Smart doorbell:

ArtKl_0-1689053710867.png

Does anyone know what was the compression rate of h264 during this test?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ArtKl
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer, but the question is still standing. We need to know what was the compression ratio during this test. Our goal is to understand what is the power consumption while using software encoder with different compression ratio.

I would like to involve my colleague @lli_brolis to continue this discussion.

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ArtKl,

Below is the tested compression ratio:
1.png

Below is the test command:

RAW video:
gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! "video/x-raw,width=640,height=480" ! queue ! filesink location=rawvideo

H264 video:
gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! "video/x-raw,width=640,height=480"  ! x264enc tune=zerolatency bitrate=500 speed-preset=superfast ! filesink location=h264_video

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ArtKl,

I hope you are doing well.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.

H.264 is a standard video encoding format. Usually only take the video stream resolution, bitrate, and fps as consideration.

Advanced Video Coding (AVC), also referred to as H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10, is a video compression standard based on block-oriented, motion-compensated coding.

The 480p video stream was recorded by the camera with the below gstreamer command. The compression ratio is highly dependent on the video content you are recording with the camera.

H264.png

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos