i.MX8m Linux support for non cea modes in drm driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8m Linux support for non cea modes in drm driver

pawel_kopalko
Contributor II

Are you planning to add support for non cea/non dmt modes into drm driver for the i.MX8 under Linux?

We have a i.MX8m board from technexion which doesn't support the display we have ( a CDTECH 1920x720 panel via HDMI board), the same display is working with sabre lite when the  mxc_hdmi.only_cea=0 i set.

Are you planning something like that for the imx8 drm?

BR

0 Kudos
4 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes. You can add mxc_hdmi.only_cea=0 option into into kernel command line to use non-CEA mode.

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also you can try allow_noncea=1 option.

0 Kudos

pawel_kopalko
Contributor II

Hi Victor I can't say that allow_noncea=1 worked because I've just built the 4.14.78ga and it seems that it is detected out of the box. Thanks non the less

0 Kudos

pawel_kopalko
Contributor II

Thanks for taking interest in the question Victor, but in which bsp release this should be working on, I'm on  4.9.88 currently?

The problem I describe is related directly to this topic:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/484759

The display we have has a non standard resolution (1920x720 not supported under CEA, i.e. the pixel clock is not supported in drm driver), but the same problem occurs with some FullHD computer displays.

Just to spice things up this display is working under i.MX6 (from the same code tree), and other embedded eval boards.

BR