We have a question about how to clock gating to reduce power consumption.
We use i.MX8QXP w/ L4.14.98_2.0.0.
We are trying clock gating to further reduce the power consumption of MX8QXP. It was confirmed that the power consumption was slightly reduced by turning off the following resource subdomain.
If you don't use these resources, I think it's okay to leave it off, is that OK?
- Display Controller (we don't use DC)
- CM4 (we don't use CM4)
- VPU ( we don't use MJPEG encoder.)
* SCFW Porting Kit Documents
* System Controller Firmware
* System Controller Firmware command line interface
I was able to turn off each resource using the device tree instead of scfw_cli.
I decided that the risk was high by using scfw_cli, so I decided to turn off these resources in the device tree.