i.MX8QM: append data image to the boot container and load it on a On-Chip RAM with ECC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8QM: append data image to the boot container and load it on a On-Chip RAM with ECC

asconcepcion
Contributor I

Hi,

We would like to append a data image to the boot container of the i.MX8QM platform. This data image will have some information that is meant to be parsed by the SCFW, before the other cores start. For this purpose, we're using the "-data" parameter of the imx-image tool, as described in the README:

-data [filename] [address]
		Specifies a data image to be appended to the new container, usually a rootfs image or a kernel image.
		The address represents the load address and needs to be a 32bit value in hex.

We've seen that it works if we load that data image inside the 256kB OCRAM that is mapped in the range 0x0010_0000 - 0x0013_FFFF, but we're planning to use the SCU TCM (0x1FFE_0000 - 0x2001_FFFF) since it has ECC protection that we would like to benefit from.

The problem is that, if we use the SCU TCM (after re-arranging the SCFW sections in its linker script to leave some free space), the image is not bootable. Could you please tell if this is actually possible and how to do it properly?. If it is not possible, is there any other internal RAM with ECC protection in the i.MX8QM that we could use for this purpose?

Thanks,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
0 Replies