Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8QM: Unstable 4k HDMI output

Jump to solution
philippe_schenk
Contributor IV

Hello

We are in the process of updating our BSP to the L5.4.24-2.1.0 release. During this process, I recognized that 4k resolution is now working but not stable. I see when booting or connecting the cable that 3840x2160@60Hz gets detected and monitor also has that mode, everything works for a few minutes (1-3mins) then it suddenly loses the image and sometimes randomly comes back. At some stages, I could observe HDMI plug-in messages on the log when the image came back.

How I reproduce this issue:
With this release:

Linux imx8qmmek 5.4.24-2.1.0+gbabac008e5cf #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 30 12:00:17 UTC 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

* On the iMX8QM Mek board REV C
* I used the J6 HDMI-TX connector (not the LVDS-HDMI one!)

Could you help us get reliable HDMI 4K output?

Best Regards,

Philippe Schenker

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls find the limitation(ERR050183: DC: 4Kp60 performance limitations) from imx8qm errata:

"https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/IMX8_1N94W.pdf"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls find the limitation(ERR050183: DC: 4Kp60 performance limitations) from imx8qm errata:

"https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/IMX8_1N94W.pdf"

0 Kudos
philippe_schenk
Contributor IV

Thanks for letting me know about that errata, I was not aware of this right now.

Will this be fixed in a future Mask Set?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Philippe

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

as I known, the newer bsp would support this, try to use linear framebuffer instead of gpu super tile framebuffer

0 Kudos
philippe_schenk
Contributor IV

This means in other words applications that are run in Wayland will not work? Only framebuffer is stable?

You didn't answer my before question which is very important to us:
Will this be fixed in a future Mask Set?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Philippe Schenker

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I already replied to you, as I known, the latest bsp should support this, if you still coudln't , I suggest that you change the framebuffer, which doesnt' mean that you coudlnt' use wayland, obviously you need to change this in the wayland, or you can try to refer to the errata workaround

0 Kudos