cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8QM OpenGL Install Header Files to BSP by Yocto

waynekuo
Contributor III

Hi Experts,

I want to add OpenGL header file to my Linux system on i.MX8QM MEK.

As usual in i.MX6 system, I just add EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "fsl-gpu-sdk" in local.conf file, Yocto will add all the header files and libraries in to *.sdcard while compile fsl-image-imx.

However, I did the sample thing on i.MX8QM L4.14.98_2.0.0 BSP, but Yocto show the following log while building fsl-image-validation-imx:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'fsl-image-validation-imx'
 fsl-image-validation-imx was skipped: 'fsl-gpu-sdk' in IMAGE_FEATURES (added via EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES) is not a valid image feature. Valid features: allow-empty-password dbg-pkgs debug-tweaks dev-pkgs doc doc-pkgs eclipse-debug empty-root-password hwcodecs nfs-client nfs-server package-management post-install-logging ptest-pkgs qtcreator-debug read-only-rootfs splash ssh-server-dropbear ssh-server-openssh staticdev-pkgs tools-debug tools-profile tools-sdk tools-testapps x11 x11-base x11-sato

How can I simply add configuration of Yocto project to add OpenGL header file to my Linux system on i.MX8QM MEK?

Thanks and Regards,

Wayne Kuo

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please try imx-gpu-sdk

0 Kudos

waynekuo
Contributor III

Hi Jimmy,

imx-gpu-sdk is not available either.

I've manual add GPU and OpenCV include file and library to my filesystem (L4.14.98_2.0.0). So it is not the urgent issue for me now.

Actually, I'm trying to setup Surround View Application demo on i.MX8QM MEK, base on NXP's document and I meet another issue.

NXP's Surround View demo is base on BSP L4.9.51-8QM-beta2-rc2 version and seems use OpenCV 3.X, but I'm using BSP L4.14.98_2.0.0 with OpenCV 4.0.1. I meet lots of error of missing definition.

I think I have two option to solve this issue:
1. Find BSP L4.9.51-8QM-beta2-rc2
    => But seems it is not released on NXP website.
2. Downgrade OpenCV to version 3.X on BSP L4.14.98_2.0.0
    => Can not find a appropriate way to modify Yocto recipe yet.

Do you have any suggestion for this? How can I setup a suitable environment for NXP's Surround View Application?

Thanks and Regards,

Wayne Kuo

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you mean the beta2 version? It is available. You can try to build it.

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

0 Kudos