i.MX8MSCALE DDR Tool - TrainInfo Detailed Debug Information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8MSCALE DDR Tool - TrainInfo Detailed Debug Information

koethe
Contributor II

We use the i.MX8MSCALE DDR Tool (i.MX 8M Family DDR Tool Release ) für i.MX Nano (Rev.3.10) to stress and analyse our LPDDR4 Memory interface.

We want to increase the debug Output and set TrainInfo from  0xc8 to 0x05 (Detailed debug (e.g. eys delays)) but no more information are reported.

@NXP:  Is this a limitation of the actual i.MX8MSCALE DDR Tool? If yes, will this feature added in the next release?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

koethe
Contributor II

Thanks for you feedback. I' will suggest to add this feature in the future or provide an option to display the "Width" of the calibration window für qualification purposes. 

0 Kudos

koethe
Contributor II

There is the version (v8) of the PINS-TOOL-IMX availible from Pins Tool for i.MX Application Processors | NXP . A additional DDR Tool is now included, which can measure the size of the eye during Read or Write. Here an Example for a LPDDR4-Interface of an i.MX8 Nano at 1600 MHz.

Write

Read

image2020-8-11_9-5-25.png

@gusarambula: There no need anymore to add this feature to the DDR Tool.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel Koethe,

I couldn’t find any reference to the TrainInfo not doing what it’s documented on the code comments so I’m inquiring internally to see if I can have more information on how it should change the log output and if it will be changed in the future. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel Koethe,

I confirmed with our experts that the debug option of the DDR Tool was removed, even though this parameter is still mentioned on the scripts for NXP’s boards.

I checked and there are no plans to enable this option, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos