もしかして: 

i.MX8MQ serial debug console port change

2,684件の閲覧回数
nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello,

Release: Yocto-Sumo (4.14.78_1.0.0_GA)

Board: i.MX8MQ based custom board

I want to change the debug console from UART1 to UART3 on iMX8MQ based board. I have updated header, source and dts files at U-boot source and did necessary changes in the kernel sources. But, I was not able to get data over other UART3 port.

I have attached a patch that I applied to the U-boot source.

Is anything I am missing to do that? If any working solution is available then provide the same.

Thanks and regards,

Nirmal

ラベル(1)
6 返答(返信)

2,502件の閲覧回数
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you please try modifying the  <build-dir>/source/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/machine/imx8mqevk.conf file with the following configuration and see if that solves the problem?

-   SERIAL_CONSOLES = "115200;ttymxc0"

+   SERIAL_CONSOLES = "115200;ttymxc2"

Best regards,

Diego.

2,502件の閲覧回数
nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello Diego Adrian Cuevas,

Thanks for the update.

I have added the change which you suggested along with my previous changes. Still, the problem is not solved and I am not getting the logs over UART3 port.

Have you verified the changes which you suggested? Are there any other changes required to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Nirmal

0 件の賞賛

2,502件の閲覧回数
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I get notified that this is impossible. Since the UART for the serial debug is specified in the ROM code, and unfortunately, it is impossible to modify the ROM code. I apologize for the inconvenience this may give you.

Best regards,

Diego.

2,502件の閲覧回数
nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello Diego Adrian Cuevas,

Thanks for the update.

How I can use this UART1 port for other peripheral? Also, if I disable the logs from that UART port then how to I get logs on another UART port?

BR

Nirmal

0 件の賞賛

2,502件の閲覧回数
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, the UART1 is only used for the debug console and it cannot be modified (or we do not recommend it). It will be always used as the debug console. I apologize for the inconvenience this may give you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 件の賞賛

2,502件の閲覧回数
nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello Team,

Any update on this topic?

Best regards,

Nirmal

0 件の賞賛