i.MX8MQ USB PHY "USB3_GLUE" registers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8MQ USB PHY "USB3_GLUE" registers

christian_mauderer
Contributor III

We have some trouble with USB Super Speed signal quality on a i.MX8MQ based custom board. I noted that in the Reference Manual Rev 1 (see [1]) there is a chapter "11.1.3.2 USB3_GLUE register description" with a lot of registers that most likely have an influence on the signal (like pcs_tx_deemph_6db or tx_vboost_lvl). Most of the registers are only described as "USB3.0 PHY Signal". Is there some more detailed description available somewhere? It seems that these are not standard names. At least I didn't find anything in the USB standard or the web with these names.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

With kind regards

Christian Mauderer

[1] i.MX 8M Applications Processor | Arm® Cortex®-A53, Cortex-M4 | 4K display resolution | NXP 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately the only available information we have is the one in our documentation, Reference manual and Datasheet.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

christian_mauderer
Contributor III

Hello Aldo,

thanks for the response although it's not what I wanted to hear.

Do you know of some unofficial documentation for these registers like (for example) some comments in some driver or similar? For most registers the name already suggest a meaning. But I'm not really sure about allowed values.

With kind regards

Christian Mauderer

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I apologize but we don't have any other type of documentation available, detailed documentation can only be provided by the owner of the IP, Synopsys.

Sorry for the trouble,

Best regards,

Aldo.

0 Kudos

christian_mauderer
Contributor III

Hello Aldo,

thanks for the information. I had the impression that also the USB 3 controller is from Synopsis (dwc3) the PHY is vendor specific. Some of your competitors that are using the dwc3 too have a completely different set of PHY registers.

If it is a Synopsis IP: Is there some name or description for the Synopsis PHY IP that I can use to find more information on the Synopsis site or on third party sites?

Best regards

Christian

0 Kudos