i.MX8MP Linux 5.10.35_2.0.0 BSP Patch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8MP Linux 5.10.35_2.0.0 BSP Patch

Rebecca_Arm
Contributor II

Arm is working with several partners that are looking to achieve SystemReady certification on i.MX8M+ based platforms.  The i.MX8M+ has a different uboot configuration that is not addressed in the June 2021 release of the BSP (Linux 5.10.35_2.0.0).  We have a tight deadline to enable these partners and need to offer a workaround ahead of the Q3 release of the BSP.  Would it be possible to provide an interim binary of the BSP to address this gap?

Thanks,

Rebecca_Arm

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

kunyichen
Contributor IV

@yeliWould you give me some comments for generation capsule1.bin? we want verify capsule update function for SR-IR?

0 Kudos

yeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can refer BSP release doc:  iMX Linux Users Guide. 

Chapter 4.8 Arm SystemReady-IR

0 Kudos

kunyichen
Contributor IV

@yeli  iMX Linux User Guide. don't have any generation capsule1.bin method

it just have testing method.

you can check

kunyichen_0-1632987875159.pngkunyichen_1-1632987895028.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

yeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Using below command in u-boot to generate the capsule image

./tools/mkeficapsule --raw flash.bin --index 1 capsule1.bin

kunyichen
Contributor IV

@yeli,

thank you for your reply, let's me to try!

0 Kudos

kunyichen
Contributor IV

verify capsule update for i.MX8MP passed

the below instructions for update bootloader on /dev/mmcblk2boot0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u-boot=> env set dfu_alt_info "mmc 2=1 raw  0 0x2000 mmcpart 1"
u-boot=> efidebug boot add 0 Boot0000 mmc 2:1 capsule1.bin
u-boot=> efidebug boot next 0
u-boot=> setenv -e -nv -bs -rt -v OsIndications =0x04
u-boot=> efidebug capsule disk-update
u-boot=> reset

0 Kudos

Rebecca_Arm
Contributor II

Jason & Yeli,

Thank you, we really appreciate it!  Do you have a summary of changes that we can provide to our partners?  I noticed there were around 9 patches for the i.MX8MP, a few for the MQ and for the MN, and a few for what looks like general patches for i.MX8M.  Do you have any guidance on how to apply these patches to the existing Q2 release of the BSP?  Are the patches for the MQ and MN required for SystemReady certification, or different updates?

Thanks, Rebecca

0 Kudos

yeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have detail description in each patch commit.

LFU-188 is used to resolve a grub memory allocation problem on 8MP/8MN. The change is common for all iMX8M.

LFU-193 is changed to use kernel DTS for USB node, so that distro kernel usb can work

LF-3892 and LF-4182 are necessary DTS change for distro kernel and enable u-boot configs for SR-IR on 8MQ/MN/MP

LFU-198 fixed a capsulate update issue on 8MQ.

They only need to apply the patch from 1-15 one by one to Q2 release.  This series includes the support for 8MQ/MN system ready certification

Rebecca_Arm
Contributor II

Thank you Ye!  A few more questions:

- Is it "safe" to apply all the patches to the Q2 BSP irrespective of it's relevancy your device (eg. applying an MQ patch when using an MN)?

- Is the LFU-188 patch a recommended or critical patch for the i.MX8M family?  Would this patch or any other patches also apply to i.MX8MM devices?

-Rebecca

0 Kudos

yeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is safe to apply all patch to Q2 release irrespective of the devices.

If you want to install distro OS on 8MP/8MN, LFU-188 is mandatory. Otherwise it is optional. It will also apply to 8MM.  

JasonLiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Rebecca 

The request well received. The patches will be posted by this week. The patches will be integrated into NXP i.MX Linux BSP 2021 Q3 release. 

yeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attached the u-boot patches for iMX8MQ/MN/MP SR-IR test based on 5.10.35_2.0.0 release.

yeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@Rebecca_Arm  We have more 3 patches added to facilitate the distro install. Please apply them with following previous patches.

LF-4276 is used to support USB host in kernel on 8MQ EVK.

LF-4200 is for ethernet support in kernel on 8MQ and 8MM EVK.

0 Kudos