Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8MN Nano DISP_MUX missing manual

Jump to solution
hbeij
Contributor III

Dear NXP,

I'm using i.MX8MN Nano with CSI2. This processor has new ISI image sensor interface block.

Kernel driver imx8-mipi-csi2-sam.c and imx8-isi-cap.c both reference this peripheral but it seems only partially documented in released NXP documentation.

For example device tree references a so-called "dispmix" block/peripheral at 0x32e28000 which is being configured, I think, for image sources and sinks.

Also, IMX8MNRM manual hints at this peripheral in one "code example":

5.2.9.4 Example Code 4

// GPU/DISP/HSIOMIX power up and power down flow:
reg32_write(0x32e28000,0x0000007f);
reg32_write(0x32e28004,0x00001fff);

//release dispmix sft reset
//dispmix sft clock enable

There are several registers and values present in the source like, i.e., GASKET_0_CTRL_DATA_TYPE_YUV420_8 but nothing like this is to be found in the datasheet or TRM which makes debugging of new sensors very difficult.

What is "DISPMIX"?

Where is the documentation for it?

Thank you.

Hendrik

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

i.mx8MN ISI is reused from imx8qxp, so you can refer to the register description in imx8qxp reference manual.  I apologize that we do not have update the Reference Manual with the register description.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

i.mx8MN ISI is reused from imx8qxp, so you can refer to the register description in imx8qxp reference manual.  I apologize that we do not have update the Reference Manual with the register description.

0 Kudos