Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M mini and Android 8.1.0

Jump to solution
territao
Contributor II

Hello,

We are planning to use Android 8.1.0 on our product that uses the i.MX8M mini processor. The official supported Android version for i.MX8M is Android 11, on the other hand, because our software is only compatible with Android 8.1.0,  we need to bring up Android 8.1.0 on the product that uses i.MX8M mini processor.

The good news is, we downloaded the Android 8.1.0 BSP that NXP released for the i.MX8M mini processor, but it is an Alpha version, I'm wondering how many tests NXP had performed upon this version? Has any i.MX8M mini evaluation boards run Android 8.1.0 successfully?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @territao,

The supported Android versions for the i.MX8MM starts on 9 GA releases, the Alpha/Beta releases that you have as you mentioned have limitations to know more download the documentation and check the release notes.

Alpha / Beta BSPs for Microprocessors | NXP Semiconductors

Regards,

Israel.

0 Kudos
territao
Contributor II

Hi @nxf63675 ,

Thanks a lot for your reply, the release notes for the ALPHA version (Android O8.1.0 ALPHA) are very helpful!

I noticed that there is a newer beta version (Android O8.1.0 Beta) available for i.MX8MMini, on the other hand, the release notes link is not valid, could you help to have a look?

Thanks,

Terri

0 Kudos
nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @territao,

Sure, please go to the next link and try it:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/android_o8.1.0_1.5.1_8mm-beta_docs.tar.gz

Regards,

Israel.

0 Kudos