cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M Yocto Project Bitbake Unexpected Termination

simonwan
Contributor I

Hi experts,

I just got my i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit and I want to enable the OPTEE OS on the board.

I found one tutorial about Yocto Project that provides such support so I'm trying to build the system according to this guidance.

I build the system on a machine with Ubuntu 16.04 and I followed all instructions in Section-3 to set up my host machine.

I'm trying to build the Wayland image with OPTEE enabled so the commands are:

$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8mqevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland

Comment two SDL settings in local.conf

#PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"

#PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"

Enable OPTEE  in local.conf:

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " optee"

$ bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx

The issue happens after the "bitbake" command, which is the script would suddenly be stopped and the host machine would be suspended and required re-login. The bitbake command can be continued with "-k" parameter while the unknown termination and re-login process are really annoying to me.

By reviewing the bitbake log file bitbake-cookerdeamon.log, I found that every time before unexpected termination, the bitbake command generates the same logs:

Running command ['getVariable', 'BBINCLUDELOGS']
Running command ['getVariable', 'BBINCLUDELOGS_LINES']
Running command ['getSetVariable', 'BB_CONSOLELOG']
Running command ['getUIHandlerNum']
Running command ['setEventMask', 1, 20, {}, ['bb.runqueue.runQueueExitWait', 'bb.event.LogExecTTY', 'logging.LogRecord', 'bb.build.TaskFailed', 'bb.build.TaskBase', 'bb.event.ParseStarted', 'bb.event.ParseProgress', 'bb.event.ParseCompleted', 'bb.event.CacheLoadStarted', 'bb.event.CacheLoadProgress', 'bb.event.CacheLoadCompleted', 'bb.command.CommandFailed', 'bb.command.CommandExit', 'bb.command.CommandCompleted', 'bb.cooker.CookerExit', 'bb.event.MultipleProviders', 'bb.event.NoProvider', 'bb.runqueue.sceneQueueTaskStarted', 'bb.runqueue.runQueueTaskStarted', 'bb.runqueue.runQueueTaskFailed', 'bb.runqueue.sceneQueueTaskFailed', 'bb.event.BuildBase', 'bb.build.TaskStarted', 'bb.build.TaskSucceeded', 'bb.build.TaskFailedSilent', 'bb.build.TaskProgress', 'bb.event.ProcessStarted', 'bb.event.ProcessProgress', 'bb.event.ProcessFinished']]
Running command ['getVariable', 'BB_DEFAULT_TASK']
Running command ['setConfig', 'cmd', 'build']
Running command ['buildTargets', ['fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx'], 'build']
Connecting Client
Disconnecting Client
No timeout, exiting.
Exiting

According to my current understanding, the above commands are only supposed to be executed after all tasks have been prepared. However, right now my host machine may invoke these commands during other tasks are still running, and this incorrect sequence leads to my unexpected termination issue.

I'm wondering if anyone runs to a similar problem or knows the solution of my issue?

Any suggestion is welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Simon

0 Kudos
3 Replies

bskimaaa
Contributor II

Hi, Shengye Wan  

I am experiencing the same problem as you.

If you solved the problem, please share the solution.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please use Chapter 5 (Configuring Optee) of "i.MX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf"

in L4.14.62 BSP documentation.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.62_1.0.0_Beta_LINUX_DOCS

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

simonwan
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for the reply.

First,  section 5 you shared uses the following command to initialize the workspace:

repo init -u ssh://git@bitbucket.sw.nxp.com/imx/imx-manifest -b linux-*-internal

However, the ssh link is not accessible to me.

Also, as I shared in the bitbake logs, I think I already configured the workspace correctly and my problem happened due to the bitbake executes the tasks in a wrong sequence.

I'm afraid the section 5 does not mention corresponding content.

Thank you.

0 Kudos