660 次查看
Jimmychea
Contributor III

Why the i.MX8M Plus build took 1day ? Below are my PC spec :

Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS

Disk Space 500GB

RAM 32GB

Processor AMD 8cores 16 threads

Anything can i do in order to speed up the Yocto Build ???

IMX8MPLUS

0 项奖励
1 解答
636 次查看
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi @Jimmychea,

khang_letruong is correct, there's no real way to speed up the initial build, but as an exercise you can fetch all the packages using the bitbake fetch/fetch all command i.e. bitbake <image> -c fetchall. This simply fetches all the necessary packages before building. A lot of time can be lost by a slow internet connection fetching packages, however once all the packages are on your machine the build time reduces considerably for further builds. Rebuilds can take 1-4 hours depending on your machine and the image type. 

在原帖中查看解决方案

3 回复数
632 次查看
Jimmychea
Contributor III

Noted. Thanks for the solution.

0 项奖励
646 次查看
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Hi @Jimmychea,

For first bitbaking, packages are needed to be downloaded and this depends on the network status (both your network and the servers that host the packages). As a practical habit, I save the downloaded packages to a separate place (other than default DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/").

Regards,
K.

637 次查看
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi @Jimmychea,

khang_letruong is correct, there's no real way to speed up the initial build, but as an exercise you can fetch all the packages using the bitbake fetch/fetch all command i.e. bitbake <image> -c fetchall. This simply fetches all the necessary packages before building. A lot of time can be lost by a slow internet connection fetching packages, however once all the packages are on your machine the build time reduces considerably for further builds. Rebuilds can take 1-4 hours depending on your machine and the image type.