Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M Mini internal IO pullup/pulldown

Jump to solution
haryanl
Contributor IV

Hi Everyone,

1.) in 3.3V operating mode, I would like to know the typical value of the internal Pull-up/Pull-down resistor

According to the topic below, the value of the internal pull-down resistor is 20KΩ when there is no external resistor:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/i-MX8M-Mini-pull-down-resistor-on-boot-pins/td-p/102643...

2.) According to ERR050080 in Errata IMX8MM_0N87W, "There is a degradation of the internal IO pullup/pulldown capability when the IO pads are continuously driven in the opposite logic level, for example, when internal pullup is enabled with external logic driving the pin low, and a 3.3V operating condition which limits the pads pullup/pulldown ability."
But when the PAD is driven at the same logic level, for example: when internal pullup is enabled with external logic driving the pin High, (Enable pin of another IC)
Is it possible to ignore degradation in this case?

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Haryanl 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@haryanl 
Hello,

I think - yes - it is possible to ignore degradation, when the PAD is driven at the same logic level.

Regards,
Yuri.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@haryanl 
Hello,

I think - yes - it is possible to ignore degradation, when the PAD is driven at the same logic level.

Regards,
Yuri.

0 Kudos
haryanl
Contributor IV

Hi @Yuri 

Our customer asked what is the value of the internal pull-up/down resistors, is there a Typical value for them?

hope for your help

Best Regards,

Haryanl 

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@haryanl 
Hello,

It is hard to guarantee resistors values, nevertheless estimations 
of 20K  -  92K can be used.

Regards,
Yuri.