cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M Mini - LPDDR4 configuration w/ DCD

theo_goudout
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a custom design prototype that I'd like to flash. No luck so far.

This board has a 2Gb (256Mo) LPDDR4 DRAM with a single 16bit width bus. I've tried to generate a DCD file to configure DRAM correctly.

The device is connected via USB and I can see it in dmesg (idVendor=1fc9, idProduct=0134). When flashing my binary onto it, uuu seems to do the job correctly. Then the USB device gets disconnected and reconnected rather than going to the next boot step (i.e. SDPU/SDPV). It looks like the device is reset and I think it has to do with the DRAM not being properly initialized.

Where can I find a DCD configuration file example close enough to my configuration? How can I generate the proper DCD file?

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Théo 

steps for new ddr part are described in Chapter 4 How to bring up a new MX8MSCALE board MSCALE_DDR_Tool_User_Guide.pdf included in ddr test package
i.MX8 MSCALE SERIES DDR Tool Release (V2.10) 

then rebuild uboot using Linux L4.14.98_2.0.0 Documentation

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

theo_goudout
Contributor II

Hi Igor, thanks for your quick answer.

So, I've tried that, without luck. I've used the Excel file to generate the ".ds" file. The I installed the GUI DDR Tool, connected to the uART port, and tried to hit "Download". Some things are happening, but at some point, it's just stuck. Any idea what is going on?

>>> DDR Tool Log <<<

Regards,

Théo

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Théo

one can try to run ddr test on other computer.

Also suggest to recheck Chapter 1 Introduction MSCALE_DDR_Tool_User_Guide.pdf :

"user must run it in administrator mode."

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos