cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M Mini EVK SD Card Detect pin

fernando_lopes
Contributor II

Hi,

I am designing a custom board with i.MX8M Mini and it will need to boot from an SD-Card.

The EVK uses the SD2 interface for SD. But on the EVK, the "Card Detect" signal is connected to the pin GPIO1_IO15 instead of the pin SD2_CD_B and I could not understand why. So I have the following questions:

1. Why isn't it connected to the SD2_CD_B pin? 

2. Can I use the SD2_CD_B pin for "Card Detect" signal on my design?

3. Does the boot ROM need the CD signal?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

inderjitbains
Contributor I

If booting from SD2 with a new CPU, does the CPU look at SD2_CD_B or GPIO1_IO15 to detect if a card is present, or does it ignore card detect?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fernando

for card detection options one can check sect.3.3.6 Device Tree Binding

attached Linux Manual. Seems gpios are used for routing convenience.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fernando_lopes
Contributor II

Thank you Igor.

I think the GPIO is not used for routing convenience because there are 2 resistors to choose to which i.MX pin the CD pin from SD connector is connected. There are options for using the GPIO1_IO15 and the SD2_CD_B pin, but for some reason the GPIO is chosen by default.

Do you know if there is any problem with the SD2_CD_B pin?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

there are no problems with the SD2_CD_B pin.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos