cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M MJPEG camera pipeline

felixradensky
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm trying to run a display preview of MJPEG 1920x1080@30fps USB camera connected to our i.MX8MQ board. I'm using the following gstreamer pipeline under Yocto L14.14.98:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! "image/jpeg" ! vpudec ! videoscale ! waylandsink

Sometimes I get 1fps and sometimes no picture at all. With software decoding pipeline

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! "image/jpeg" ! jpegdec ! videoscale ! waylandsink

I get 10fps and 90% CPU load. I'd appreciate your help finding a correct pipeline that utilizes VPU decoder.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Felix,

Not sure if that element exists. Creating a new custom element is an option but it may take you some time. Another approach is compare the mjpeg header coming from the camera with the ones expected by VPUdec. Check if there is a software to view mjpeg data, then you can compare headers between 'v4l2src - > filesink' and media file that the vpudec can decode fine. BTW the MX8M does not have the vpu for this testing thats the reason it takes so much.

Regards

0 Kudos

felixradensky
Contributor IV

Hello,

No sure I understand your reply. MX8M VPU supports JPEG decoding, you can check that by running "gst-inspect-1.0 vpudec".

Felix.

0 Kudos