cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M EVK Bluetooth HSP (SCO) audio

daweichen
Contributor III

Hi NXP,

On the i.MX8M EVK, there is an on-board WiFi module.  The EVK board has provision for connecting the PCM interface of the WiFi module to the SAI interface of the i.MX8M SoC.

I would like to try the SAI interface with BlueZ HSP profile with this SAI interface.  I was wondering what would I need to do to enable the SAI interface for SCO audio connection, other than adding jumper wires for the PCM connection on the EVK board.

On the BlueZ side, what do I need to do so that the BlueZ would know to use the SAI interface for SCO audio?

Thank you so much,

Dawei

0 Kudos
10 Replies

daweichen
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

I have not tried the Bluetooth radio (QCA6174) on the NXP i.MX8MQ platform.

I have tested QCA9377-3 BT on a custom i.MX8MQ platform with the "hciattach" command.

The BlueZ package needs to be patched  to support either QCA6174 or QCA9377-3.

For the QCA9377-3 command, I would use the following command.  (BT i/f is UART)

hciattach -s 115200 /dev/ttymxc4 qca 4000000 flow nosleep

For QCA6174 PCI-E, I think the BT i/f is USB.   I'll check if the same command is applicable.

Are you familiar with the QCA9377-3 Bluetooth on the NXP i.MX8M mini platform? 

Thanks,

dawei

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The i.MX8MM-EVK uses the QCA9377. The command that I use is similar to the one that you use.

# hciattach /dev/ttymxc2 qca 3000000 flow -b -t 120

I did not have any problem with the Audio over a Bluetooth speaker using that command.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

daweichen
Contributor III

Hi Deigo,

Could we use the i.MX8MM-EVK as the reference platform and continue with the original questions?

This way you and I could stay original topic.  Thoughts?

FYI - the original question is on SCO (Headset profile). A2DP does not use SCO connection.

Thank you so much for the patience.

dawei

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, this problem is more related to Bluez. Bluez 5.0 does not support the HSP Bluetooth profile. Right now the only supported profile is A2DP. I apologize for the inconvenience this could give you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Which board revision do you have?

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

daweichen
Contributor III

A label on the board has SCH-29615 Rev B3

There is another label has 700-29615 Rev A

Thanks,

dawei

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I apologize for the delay this is taking I am facing some problems implementing the Audio over classic Bluetooth. I have this problem escalated internally. I will update you as soon as I have an update.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

daweichen
Contributor III

Thank you so much for the update.  I'll wait for the next update.

I really appreciate your help. 

dawei

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

How are you attaching the UART connection to the Bluez interface? Are you using hciattach? If yes, could you please pass me the command that you are using?

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

_benjamindubb
Contributor II

Note to anyone trying to make use of SCO over UART for the Handsfree BT profile with QCA9377 --  it's not supported by Qualcomm. This should have been solved years ago, but still isn't. And it has nothing to do with Bluez. Push you vendor to get Qualcomm/Silex or whoever the integrator is to get this resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos