i.MX8M DDR test tool USB issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M DDR test tool USB issue

pnee
Contributor II

I am trying to use the MSCALE_DDR_Tool with the i.MX8M evasl board.

I have connected the USB OTG cable and the USB UART cable and I know the target is wroking as I can see data being output to console when the target is booting in internal boot mode (boot mode = 10).

When I switch boot mode to serial downloader (boot mode = 01) and attempt to download my .ds file to the target I keep getting "ERROR: Can't open USB device!!!"

I am not sure that my host PC is recognising the USB Input Device correctly as no new devices are being added to the list when I connect the USB OTG cable from the target to the host PC?

pastedImage_2.png  

What is wrong here?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The DDR tool should run in Windows administrative mode.

USB Type C connector (cable) should be used.

Is it so? 

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

pnee
Contributor II

Yes - I can confirm I am running the DDR tool in administrator mode.

Also, I am using a USB Type C cable.

Regards,

PJ Nee.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, pnee@asset-intertech.com 

You mentioned about "the target is booting in internal boot mode" - serial downloader mode

should be used.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

pnee
Contributor II

The target boot mode is set to serial downloader mode. I was merely using the internal boot mode to demonstrate that the target is working and booting.

Regards,

PJ.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

To be sure if serial downloader mode is applied - use working SD boot configuration and 

do not insert boot SD card and power on the board, assuming after boot error serial downloader 

mode is entered automatically.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

pnee
Contributor II

Yes - I can confirm I am running the DDR tool as administrator.

And I am using a USB Type cable.

Regards,

PJ.

0 Kudos