i.MX8M DDR TOOL configuration spreadsheet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M DDR TOOL configuration spreadsheet

ladislav_piroha
Contributor I

We are implementing low power operating mode for i.MX8M Mini using 4Gb DDR4 memory, therefore looking for .xlsx configuration spreadsheet that enables two frequency setpoints 1200MHz and 200MHz. Such option is only available for DDR4L memory. Could you please provide it for DDR4?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ladislav_piroha,

Sorry, starting from the RPA10 version, we only support DLL-on mode for 8MM DDR4, while 200M and 50M belong to DLL-off mode.
This is because we found that 8MM with DDR4 DLL-off mode is not up to the requirements. Even though Micron device seems to work normally, we still strongly recommend that you stop using this mode to avoid some risks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos

ladislav_piroha
Contributor I

by the way, DDR4 speed points 1200MHz, 200MHz and 50MHz were supported in version 9 and 10 of MXM8_Mini_DDR4_RPA_v10.xls. In the newer document versions, 200MHz and 50MHz is not available at all. 200MHz speed point implementation that we're working on (based on version 9) is unstable with 4Gb DDR4 from Nanya, Kingston and Alliance. Memory load test causes the system to crash and reboot. For some reason it works with Micron 4Gb DDR4.

0 Kudos