i.MX8 QM - how to reset VPU decoder and M0 to load re-load and re-start firmware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8 QM - how to reset VPU decoder and M0 to load re-load and re-start firmware

Dennis7
Contributor I

We have access to the following documents and have been studying them:
- i.MX 8QuadMax Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 0, 9/2021
(sections relevant to VPU and MU)
- i.MX VPU Application Programming Interface Linux® Reference Manual , Rev. L4.14.98_2.3.0, 22 January 2020

We are using the Linux kernel source for VPU (vpu_malone) 4.14.98 as a reference.

We are trying to operate the hardware in a similar manner but without Linux.

We can successfully execute the steps for a successful Cortex-M Core Boot (section 3.2 of VPU API document). We can successfully execute entry into low-power mode, return to full power mode, and successfully execute a snapshot command.

But, we cannot successfully return from a power down and full power up of the VPU (still within the same boot) and continue to communicate with the VPU. We also have a requirement that we may need to relocate the firmware and hence the RPC area upon the restart after a power down (still within same boot).

We are looking for additional information to reset the VPU upon a restart (same boot) without relying on the firmware to resume execution. In other words, we would like to execute in a manner similar to the VPU boot procedure described whether it's the first time or repeated times after that.

Thanks..

Dennis

0 Kudos
0 Replies