cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8 ISI and CSC

waynekuo
Contributor III

Hi Experts,

I have questions for ISI and CSC of i.MX8.

According to RM, ISI has a function for color space conversion and can do YUV-to-RGB or RGB-to-YUV conversion.

Now I have a camera (OV10635) output to i.MX8 MIPI-CSI and the pixel format is set as YUYV. I want to use ISI to do a YUV-to-RGB conversion.

However, I can't get the right color on my HDMI display, even I use mx8_v4l2_cap_drm tool to save buffer to a file and use online viewer to display the file. 

Here is my questions:

1. Is there any register can control the input YUV sequence? Like, YUYV, YVYU, UYVY or VYUY?

2. My Camera output seems be 8-bits YUYV (32-bit format), is that available for ISI input?

3. My ISI input format setting is V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUV32, is that right for my case?

4. According to CSC Chapter, I can do a YUV-to-RGB conversion, but what is the output format? Like, RGBA, BGRA, ARGB, ABGR, RGB or BGR? And what is the format, 32-bits or 24-bits?

Thanks and Regards,

Wayne Kuo

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne

I sent some preliminary codes via mail.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lidy
Contributor I

why not paste it here .

i want to use csc  too.

0 Kudos

RobbieJiang
Contributor IV

Hi igor, 

I have the same needs to do CSC in ISI.

Could you please send me some demo code or kernel patch?

BTW, I'm working with MX8QM.

Thanks.

0 Kudos