cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7D SABRE LCD

fahad_arslan
Contributor II

Hi,

What steps (kernel configuration/patches etc.) are required to use LCD with i.MX7D SABRE board?

And whether specific LCD(s) are supported or any LCD may be connected with the target board?

Thanks,

Fahad

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fahad,

According with Android Release Notes, the i.MX7Dual SABRE-SD board supports LCD panel, HDMI display and E-Ink display.

You could refer to the following Community document for additional connection details:

connecting i.MX7D Sabre(MCIMX7SABRE) and E-INK panel(IMXEBOOKDC4)

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fahad_arslan
Contributor II

The shared community document doesn't seem relevant since it is about E-INK panel that is connected to EPDC expansion port. I've asked about steps for LCD display that is to be connected to LCD connector (J14) present on the other side of i.MX7D SABRE board.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fahad,

Please, check i.MX Linux® Release Notes, Rev. L4.1.15_1.2.0-ga, 07/2016 inside L4.1.15_1.2.0_LINUX_DOCS

158276_158276.pngpastedImage_0.png

It also has information about what to add on kernel command line to enable display.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!