i.MX7D CAAM module and NIST CMVP for FIPS certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7D CAAM module and NIST CMVP for FIPS certification

uthappapj
Contributor II

Our product uses the i.MX7D' CAAM module for cryptographic acceleration. We are in the process of getting our product FIPS certified. For this purpose, we are required to present document/evidence stating that the i.MX7D CAAM module is FIPS certified (/certifiable). As per the white paper "NIST Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program (CAVP) Certifications for Freescale Cryptographic Accelerators" (available from here: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/FSLNISTCAVP.pdf), the i.MX7D CAAM’s DRBG and SHA-256 algorithm implementations were awarded CAVP certification but under the "Operational Environment" of “i.MX61”. Have the same implementations been tested specifically under i.MX7D operational environment and certified? If yes, where can I obtain the information/document that clearly states this?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

we don't have similar certification for i.MX7D device, the "NIST Cryptographic Algorithm

Validation Program (CAVP) Certifications for Freescale Cryptographic Accelerators" white

paper document is already updated and cannot be used as reference for i.MX7D device.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos