i.MX7 pinmux: XTALOSC output to pad GPIO1_IO02?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7 pinmux: XTALOSC output to pad GPIO1_IO02?

Jump to solution
skrap
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have found an inconsistency in the i.MX7 dual reference manual, and it would be helpful to me to know which part is correct.

I want to get at the 32k XTALOSC clock.  I note that the mux options in IMX7DRM, Ch 8, lists the following:
pastedImage_1.png

To me, this says that if I configure mux option Alt4 on the GPIO1_IO02 pad mux settings, that I will get the 32k XTALOSC signal as an output on that pad.  However, when I look at the actual mux settings for that pad, there's no mention of Alt4, nor of XTALOSC.

pastedImage_2.png

So, will I get a 32k clock if i set ALT4?  Is this supported?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

REF_CLK_32K option of GPIO1_IO02 is available.
You may use the Pins tools V3.0

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/processor-expert-and-embed... 

Thanks for the information about i.MX7 RM inaccuracy.
I informed the doc team  about it.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

REF_CLK_32K option of GPIO1_IO02 is available.
You may use the Pins tools V3.0

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/processor-expert-and-embed... 

Thanks for the information about i.MX7 RM inaccuracy.
I informed the doc team  about it.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

skrap
Contributor IV

Thanks, Yuri!  Very helpful.

0 Kudos