i.MX7 linux: CCM_CLKO1 iomux to GPIO1_IO02?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7 linux: CCM_CLKO1 iomux to GPIO1_IO02?

Jump to solution
skrap
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am running the freescale 4.1 2.0.0 GA release of linux on the imx7d sabre board.  I would like to configure the pad GPIO1_IO02 to output from CCM_CLKO1.  (This is indicated as possible via section 5.2.2 of the i.mx7 reference manual).  However, looking at imx7d-pinfunc.h, I don't see a pinmux setting corresponding to my desired configuration.  Is there a reason for this omission?  Is that pin used for something else, or is that clock not usable in linux? 

Thanks for any pointers!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
skrap
Contributor IV

Oh, it's in imx7d-pinfunc-lpsr.h:

MX7D_PAD_GPIO1_IO02__CCM_CLKO1

Not having worked with the MX7 before, I didn't think to look in a separate header file.

No better way to find the answer to a question than to post about it on the internet, I guess.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
benjamincohen
Contributor I

While we are at it, there is no define for GPIO1_IO02 ALT4 (output REF_CLK_32K) in imx7d-pinfunc-lpsr.h. The missing macro should be:

#define MX7D_PAD_GPIO1_IO02__REF_CLK_32K 0x0008 0x0038 0x0000 0x4 0x0

As a matter of fact, it's only mentioned in the Pin Muxing chapter (p1489) and was somehow omitted from the iomuxc register description (p1545), so header is "just" reflecting a documentation bug.

skrap
Contributor IV

Oh, it's in imx7d-pinfunc-lpsr.h:

MX7D_PAD_GPIO1_IO02__CCM_CLKO1

Not having worked with the MX7 before, I didn't think to look in a separate header file.

No better way to find the answer to a question than to post about it on the internet, I guess.

0 Kudos