i.MX6ul_evk ethernet problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ul_evk ethernet problems

sajjadahmed
Contributor II

I'm porting non-linux Ethernet driver from sabre-lite / nitrogen_6x  to i.MX6ul using EVK board. There are certain problems I'm facing.

• Initially it has problem connecting DHCP server, sometime it connect or sometime not then I put some delay to give time for link-up, now that problem has hide-out but I'm not satisfied, I still think there is some initialization problem, I don't know where.
  • I'm using RMII 50MHz mode to fix errata, 100T speed, Full-duplex, give it delay in link-up loop and enable the link-up and link-down interrupt. BUT
  • As the PHY chip(KSZ8081, 100T, RMII) is different as of sabre-lite/nitrogen_6x(KSZ9021, up-to 1000T, RGMII) but Ethernet driver should be same (as I think, no modification required, same register set, except some giga_byte bits) as imx6ul_evk Ethernet is connecting now then why it's throughput performance(iperf -s) is very low. 16 Mbit/sec. While the same driver and Ethernet stack on sabre-lite show throughput more then 96 Mbit/sec
  • It's also error receiving data of size 467 as TCP/UDP loop-back server.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sajjad,

May I ask why you are not using the Ethernet driver provided in the Linux BSP?

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

sajjadahmed
Contributor II

Because I'm not using Linux, rather I'm writing Ethernet driver for some other RTOS' BSP. I've done some improvements but still more improvements required as mentioned in my question.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sajjad,

Nitrogen_6x and the RTOS you are porting the driver for are tools that are not developed by NXP, so we don't provide support for these tools. Hopefully someone else in community in a similar situation than you may share some tips.

On the other hand, if you are interested in our professional engineering services to develop a driver or making a port for you you can contact them through Professional Support and Service Resources|NXP  ( www.nxp.com/services )

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos