Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit (EVK)

Jump to solution
danieljackmorle
Contributor III

Hi

I looked at both K70 and the MX6 and I decided to go with the MCIMX6UL mostly on NXP's recommendation and the fact that the chip cost less than the K70.  I want to . use the following kits to get started

LCD8000-43T

i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit (EVK)

What kind of compiler does this require

I would like to follow a path that is well explored.   NXP mentioned an embedded Linux solution.   Would that have some sample software that I could use? 

My goal is to use the kits to get more familiar with the processes. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danieljackmorle
Contributor III

Hi Jamesbone

The point is to have a sophisticated LCD with touch screen interface to a embedded processor.   I need other peripherals as well such as I2C, SPI, audio and one USB.   Sorry about being vague I had to move from the Kinetics forum.  I will look at this Tocto Training.  It has been a long time since I developed firmware. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
danieljackmorle
Contributor III

Hi Jamesbone

The point is to have a sophisticated LCD with touch screen interface to a embedded processor.   I need other peripherals as well such as I2C, SPI, audio and one USB.   Sorry about being vague I had to move from the Kinetics forum.  I will look at this Tocto Training.  It has been a long time since I developed firmware. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

So what it is your goal, in the Embedded Linux program End Applications or develop the low level drivers? middleware?  We have online a tutorial regarding Yocto which it is the tool to compile the complete linux Kernel, here is the link:

Yocto Training - HOME

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel,

I think I do not quite understand your question, let me know if this answer,  regarding  the compiler you required an ARM Cortex A compiler,  for this case, inside of the Linux BSP that NXP offers, we provide the GNU GCC ARM compiler,  you can use it with Eclipse IDE as the tool to compile your applications based on Linux.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

danieljackmorle
Contributor III

Hi Jamesbone

I guess what I am asking for is where do I get the training to learn to program in embedded Linux.   Is there a written tutorial for this I can follow?  Which complier has the most resources?

0 Kudos