i.MX6ULL with two DDR chips having different Chip select

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ULL with two DDR chips having different Chip select

divya
Contributor I

I need to use 1GB external RAM (DDR3) for i.MX6ULL processor. Can I connect two 512MBX16 DDR chips to the processor by giving different Chip select for both?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

divya
Contributor I

Thank you for the reply.. 

I have one more question that can all other signals be same from i.MX6ULL to both DDR chips? Is there any guidelines for the connection of other signals from processor to DDR chips?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

there are no additional special considerations for that case, please use

Hardware Development Guide for the i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6ULLHDG.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi DIVYA

yes i.MX6ULL with two DDR chips having different chip select signals can be used.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

JMerrill79
Contributor I

Are there any examples of how to route more than one DDR chip?  my application would be a ULL with 2 DDR3 chips with a total of 2GB of RAM.

0 Kudos