cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ULL mfgTool error 12

Jump to solution
stephenbialkows
Contributor III

I would like to get an image on a SD card, that a i.MX6ULL target will boot from.  I have verified this working with a pre-built binary.  The issue I am running concerns building a new bootable image.  I tried putting the image resulting from "mkimage.sh sd" directly onto the SD card.  It did not run.  

I installed iMX6ULL SDK 2.2.  Per the instructions in Section 5.2 Using Manufacturing Tool (MFGTool), in the getting started pdf, I built a basic hello UART binary using arm-none-eabi-gcc.  I ran it through "mkimage.sh sd".  I copied the resulting sdk20-app.img to the specified sub-folder within mfgtools.  I attached the SD card to the target, and ran the specified visual basic script: "mfgtool2-sdk20-mx6ul-evk-sdcard.vbs".  

Here are the contents of MfgTool.log:

DLL version: 2.7.0
Friday, September 07, 2018 18:49:02 Start new logging
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Error: Can't find the specified list(SDCard SDK20) in the xml file
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Parse ucl script failed, error code: 12

This doesn't tell me enough to know how to fix the issue.  Am I using this the way it was intended?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen

"SDCard SDK20" is part of ucl2.xml (attached) included in SDK_2.2_MCIMX6ULL.

pastedImage_1.jpg

may be useful to check mfg tool presentation:

AMF-ACC-T1652 

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen

seems it can not find  <LIST name="SDCard SDK20"..> in ucl2.xml which should be
replaced with new one from SDK mfgtool  ..Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware folder

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
stephenbialkows
Contributor III

Igor,

I don't understand what that means.  What does <LIST name="SDCard SDK20"..> represent?  Again, I had copied the application image to Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/files/ per NXP documentation. What is missing exactly?  

I also updated the manufacture tool as instructed in SDK_2.2_MCIM6ULL\tools\mfgtools\readme.txt:

"Manufacture tool patch User Guide
======================================
This patch is based on IMX6_L4.1.15_2.0.0_MFG_TOOL.

1. Download IMX6_L4.1.15_2.0.0_MFG_TOOL from nxp.com
2. Extract IMX6_L4.1.15_2.0.0_MFG_TOOL and override the contents in mfgtools folder with this patch."

I downloaded the patch by following the link in this post: Building image using mfgtool on Sabre Auto 

I extracted the compressed mfgtools folder to SDK_2.2_MCIMX6ULL/tools/  (see image below).  And replaced all duplicate files.  

pastedImage_1.png

Should something have been copied over in the patch?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen

"SDCard SDK20" is part of ucl2.xml (attached) included in SDK_2.2_MCIMX6ULL.

pastedImage_1.jpg

may be useful to check mfg tool presentation:

AMF-ACC-T1652 

Best regards
igor

stephenbialkows
Contributor III

Interesting.  There is no such section in the version of ucl2.xml that I have.  I am certain I installed the SDK_2.2_MCIMX6ULL, as the screenshot above suggests.  Perhaps the IMX6_L4.1.15_2.0.0_MFG_TOOL "patch" overwrote this file.  That being the case, C:\nxp\SDK_2.2_MCIM6ULL\tools\mfgtools\readme.txt should be updated.  

0 Kudos