Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ULL: UART+DMA

Jump to solution
EgleTeam
Contributor V

Hi,

We're evaluating to use i.MX6ULL in a new project. One of the requirements is to "sniff" data of five RS485 interfaces. Can someone confirm me that the uP only supports DMA in two of the UART ports (page 169 of the RM)?.  

Thanks,

Manuel

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi1

Firstly, all of the uarts can use sdma, and you can check the linux dts files. SDMA can use SPBA bus or ARM system bus to work.The modules listed in the table is for SPBA, that was to say, only the moduels in this list can use SPBA bus to access. But we are using arm system bus by default, so all of uarts can also use sdma.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EgleTeam
Contributor V

Great to know Carlos: thanks!. Looks easy to enable the DMA into the DTS file but How can I configure the DMA channels to point to a RAM buffer?: kernel driver or file system app (Yocto)?. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm hardware engineer. I just try to anticipate a bit and let know to the SW people.

Manuel. 

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi1

Firstly, all of the uarts can use sdma, and you can check the linux dts files. SDMA can use SPBA bus or ARM system bus to work.The modules listed in the table is for SPBA, that was to say, only the moduels in this list can use SPBA bus to access. But we are using arm system bus by default, so all of uarts can also use sdma.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos