i.MX6ULL How can is use input clocks CLK1, CLK2 to bypass the audio PLL generator?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ULL How can is use input clocks CLK1, CLK2 to bypass the audio PLL generator?

Jump to solution
gordon
Contributor I

All,

I see in figure 10-3 of the Hardware Reference manual CLK1, CLK2 input into the clock block multiplexer section as well as the main 24MHZ oscillator. I see that there are pins CLK1_N/CLK1_P differential inputs for CLK1, but I cannot seem to find any reference to input CLK2 in the IO ALT#. There is a bunch of references to the CLK1/CLK2 outputs, just not the input CLK2.

I want to feed known audio Master Clocks into CLK2 single ended, bypass the audio pll and use this clock to derive the I2S and possibly SPDIF output feeds.

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Both SAI_MCLK and SPDIF_EXT_CLK inputs can run at the frequencies of up to 50MHz.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gordon
Contributor I

All,

Looks like a better avenue than CLK1/CLK2 as an input into the MUX, is to use the MCLK as an input to generate the I2S feed.

For the SPDIF output I can use the SPDIF_EXT_CLK input to generate the the SPDIF output feed.

Anyone know what the maximum clock rates for these two CLK inputs are?

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Both SAI_MCLK and SPDIF_EXT_CLK inputs can run at the frequencies of up to 50MHz.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

gordon
Contributor I

Artur,

Thanks!

Gordon

0 Kudos