cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6UL

ricardoferreira
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to design a pcb using i.MX6UL and I am having a huge trouble routing the Address, Command and Controll on the same layer for DDR3. As the rules suggest all of this pins need to be in same layer but is quite difficult. Also I see some designs where it seems they didn't follow this rule. i.MX6UL development board, DART-6UL.

Is there any reference design that we can follow to route or we should separate the pins between the layers like the reference design from i.MX6UL development board?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo F.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ricardo

I am not aware of such design, but routing in different layers allows to minimize crosstalks,

as sect.3.5.8 High speed signal routing recommendations

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

suggests:

Clocks or strobes that are on the same layer need at least 2.5x

spacing from an adjacent trace (2.5xheight from reference plane) to reduce cross-talk.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos