i.MX6UL MFG TOOL missing "fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6UL MFG TOOL missing "fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot"

shouriemanjunat
Contributor I

Hi,

In the MFG tool i am using "fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot" was missing in path "Mfgtool/profiles/Linux/OS firmware/firmware/" .

When i tried to flash i.mx6ul custom board i got below error in MfgTool.log file

DLL version: 2.7.0
Monday, February 19, 2018 18:12:09   Start new logging
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Load command--file C:\Users\Desktop\Linux4.1.15-MFG_EMMC\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware\fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot failed to open.errcode is 2
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Parse ucl script failed, error code: 4

I copied "fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot" from other MFG tool .

What is the use fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot file in MFG tool?

How it is generated ?

Is board specific?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The mfgtool works following the ucl2.xml file. The download prosess you can see the ucl2.xml file.

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="firmware/%initramfs%" address="0x12C00000"
        loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" ifdev="MX6Q MX6D">Loading Initramfs.</CMD>
    <CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="firmware/%initramfs%" address="0x83800000"

How the generate the fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot you can see the details in the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide

mfgtool firmware.PNG

Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos